Governing Board Elections 2019
Thank you for your interest in serving AACT in a leadership capacity!
Self-nominations for elected positions on the AACT Governing Board are now closed. Voting will take place from April 16–30.
To serve on the AACT Governing Board you must be:
- A current AACT member in good standing.
- The High School Ambassador must be a current 9–12 teacher of chemistry.
- The Middle School Ambassador must be a current 6–8 teacher of physical science.
- The Elementary School Ambassador must be a current K–5 teacher of science.
- The President-Elect must be current or former K–12 teacher of chemistry (including 6–8 physical science and K–5 science).
- The Commitee Representative may be any members of the chemistry education community with the desired experience.
- Available to travel to and participate in a leadership meeting in Washington, DC, July 12–14. Exact schedule TBD. Travel and lodging will be provided by AACT.
- Each governing board position has a key set of responsibilities. Learn about the main responsibilities of each position.
- The President-Elect will be elected for a three-year term, as part of the presidential succession. The candidate must commit to serving one year as President-Elect, the following one year as President, and the last one year of their term as Past President. The three year term begins in July 2019 and concludes in July 2022.
- The Committee Representative will serve a two-year term. The term will begin in July 2019 and conclude July 2021.
- The Grade level Ambassadors will each serve one-year terms. The term will begin in July 2019 and conclude July 2020.