Governing Board Elections 2020
Thank you for your interest in serving AACT in a leadership capacity!
Self-nominations for elected positions on the AACT Governing Board are open through April 17. Voting will take place from April 28–May 19.
To serve on the AACT Governing Board you must be:
- A current AACT member in good standing.
- The High School Ambassador must be a current 9–12 teacher of chemistry.
- The Middle School Ambassador must be a current 6–8 teacher of physical science.
- The Elementary School Ambassador must be a current K–5 teacher of science.
- The President-Elect must be current or former K–12 teacher of chemistry (including 6–8 physical science and K–5 science).
- Available to travel to and participate in a leadership meeting in Washington, DC (or remotely if needed), July 9–11. Exact schedule TBD. Travel and lodging will be provided by AACT.
- Each governing board position has a key set of responsibilities. Learn about the main responsibilities of each position.
- The President-Elect will be elected for a three-year term, as part of the presidential succession. The candidate must commit to serving one year as President-Elect, the following one year as President, and the last one year of their term as Past President. The three year term begins in July 2019 and concludes in July 2023.
- The Grade level Ambassadors will each serve one-year terms. The term will begin in July 2020 and conclude July 2021.