Governing Board Elections 2021
To serve on the AACT Governing Board you must be:
- A current AACT member in good standing.
- The High School Ambassador must be a current 9–12 teacher of chemistry.
- The Middle School Ambassador must be a current 6–8 teacher of physical science.
- The Elementary School Ambassador must be a current K–5 teacher of science.
- The President-Elect must be a current or former K–12 teacher of chemistry (including 6–8 physical science and K–5 science).
- Be available to participate in a remote leadership meeting (or travel to Washington, DC if possible) in July. Exact schedule TBD. Travel and lodging will be provided by AACT in the case of an in-person meeting.
- Each governing board position has a key set of responsibilities. Learn about the main responsibilities of each position.
- The President-Elect will be elected for a three-year term, as part of the presidential succession. The candidate must commit to serving one year as President-Elect, the following one year as President, and the final year of their term as Past President. The three-year term begins in July 2021 and concludes July 2025.
- The Committee Representative will serve a two-year term. The term will begin in July 2021 and conclude July 2021.
- The Grade level Ambassadors will each serve one-year terms. The term will begin in July 2021 and conclude July 2022.