ACS Publications Access
AACT members receive 50 complimentary downloads from the Journal of Chemical Education, and other ACS Publications, including ACS eBooks, and the Global Enterprise edition of Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN). Members do not need to take any action to initiate this benefit.
How to Access Articles
- Be sure you have a working web login. If needed, you can visit the AACT ID help page to reset your password and get a user name reminder. You can also contact member services at (877) 233–7440. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:30 AM to 7 PM ET.
- Sign in to teachchemistry.org.
- Visit the ACS Publications Home Page.
- In the “Publications A–Z” section, choose “Journal of Chemical Education” or another ACS Publication you would like to sample.
- Browse or search to identify an article you want to read.
- Choose how you want to read the article (“ACS Active View PDF,” “PDF,” “PDF w/ Links,” or “Full Text HTML.” Select a PDF-based option if you want to download the article for later reference.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Use Member Benefits” yellow button. After clicking this link, one complimentary download will be subtracted from your annual allotment of 50. (Note: if requested, please note that your AACT login is the same as your ACS ID)
To locate an article in C&EN:
- Click on “C&EN” in the upper right navigation menu
- Browse the homepage for current stories, or use the navigation bar to browse current and past issues
- When prompted, click “read the full story” to proceed with accessing it