Find a Resource
Featured Articles from our Periodical
November 2023 | Classroom Commentary
Student mental health has gained greater focus over recent years, yet many teachers have not applied that knowledge to themselves. A discussion at ChemEd 2023, led by the author, introduced techniques for teachers to prioritize their own well-being.
August 2023 | Nuts & Bolts
Learn how two co-teachers plan to explore and integrate artificial intelligence (AI), specifically ChatGPT, in their science classroom. This article emphasizes that AI should not replace teachers, but rather be used to enhance the learning experience.
Chemistry Solutions Issues
First Year & Early Career Resources
In your first few years of teaching? This curated set of resources is for you! Learn from industry vets who have been in your shoes before.
- Classroom Resource The Chemistry Basics and Measurement Quick Start Unit Plan
- Article Tips for Surviving and Thriving in Your First Years as a Chemistry Teacher
- Article 5 Lessons I Wish I’d Learned Earlier in My Career
- Article An Unexpected Journey from Medical Aspirations to Becoming a Teacher in the UAE
- Webinar Facing the Challenges of an Early-Service Teacher of Chemistry
- Webinar What I Learned (And How I Survived) My First Year of Teaching High School Chemistry
Science Coaches is a joint American Chemical Society (ACS) and AACT educational outreach initiative dedicated to enhancing science skills in students across the United States. The program pairs chemists (coaches) with AACT teacher members in elementary, middle, and high schools.Learn More »
Content Writing Teams
We work with great teachers of chemistry to develop high-quality teaching resources. Check out the fine work of our talented members and learn more about opportunities to participate.Learn More »
Project SEED is an American Chemical Society (ACS) initiative that provides STEM research, learning, and growth opportunities for high school students with diverse identities and socioeconomic backgrounds so they can be empowered to advance and enrich the chemical science enterprise.Learn More »
Get Classroom Support
Get the support you need to enhance the classroom experience for your students
Access our chemistry teaching resource library, including lesson plans, labs, demos, and more.Join AACT »