AACT Chemistry Teacher of the Year Award
By AACT on February 8, 2021
Apply today for the AACT Chemistry Teacher of the Year Award!
There will be one winner from High School, Middle School, and Elementary School. Each winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize and a complimentary AACT membership renewal.
AACT needs your help in identifying teacher-member candidates. Teachers can fill out the application—or if you know of a teacher you would recommend, please send them directly to it!
The application for the AACT Teacher of the Year consists of three parts:
- A completed application questionnaire
- A letter of support written by a non-family member which should provide evidence of effective teaching and learning, impact on colleagues and nominee’s active involvement in the teaching profession
- A brief resume or curriculum vitae which is not more than two pages long and highlights the last five (5) years of your teaching career
Outstanding AACT Teachers of the Year will be chosen primarily based on two criteria of equal value:
- Outstanding contributions to the chemistry teaching profession
Examples might include (but are not limited to) impact due to local, regional or national conference presentations, leading webinars, participating in ACS local section activities, leadership in national science organizations, involvement in Science Coaches or Project SEED, mentoring new chemistry teachers, or attending science conferences.
- Outstanding contributions to AACT
Examples include (but are not limited to) submitting activities to the website, writing for Chemistry Solutions, serving on a Committee or as a Regional Representative and sharing AACT resources with colleagues.
Selection Process and Timeline
All nominees must be AACT members to be considered for the award. Individuals currently serving in elected or appointed positions (AACT Governing Board, AACT Committees) are ineligible to apply. Winners will be selected by the AACT Nominating & Awards Committee.
Applications close March 1, 2021.