AACT Chemistry Teacher of the Year Award
By Adam Boyd on February 5, 2019
Thank you for your interest in the AACT Chemistry Teacher of the Year Award.
There will be one winner from High School, Middle School, and Elementary School. Each winner will win a $1,000 cash prize and a free AACT membership renewal.
AACT needs your help in identifying teachers who deserve this new award. Teachers can fill out the application—or if you know of a teacher you’d like to apply, send them directly to the application!
The application for the AACT Teacher of the Year consists of three parts:
- A completed application questionnaire
- A letter of support written by a non-family member which should provide evidence of effective teaching and learning, impact on colleagues and nominee’s active involvement in the teaching profession
- A brief resume or curriculum vitae which is not more than two pages long and highlights the last five (5) years of your teaching career
Outstanding AACT Teachers of the Year will be chosen primarily based on two criteria of approximately equal value:
- Outstanding contributions to the chemistry teaching profession
- Outstanding contributions to AACT
All nominees must be AACT members to be considered for the award. Individuals currently serving in elected or appointed positions (AACT Governing Board, AACT Committees, or Regional Representatives) are ineligible to apply. Winners will be selected by the AACT Nominating & Awards Committee.
Applications close February 28, 2019.