Virtual Summer Symposium: Structuring a Successful School Year Mark as Favorite (3 Favorites)
WEBINAR (3 hours) recorded July 19, 2023
Join AACT for our 2023 symposium. From creating a positive classroom culture to having easy-to-implement, targeted labs and well-written assessments, mastering the skills to have a successful school year takes time and experience. During this symposium, hear from several teachers about how they structure their school year and what they incorporate to make learning both meaningful and thorough.
This Virtual Summer symposium will have several speakers who will each present a talk. Each speaker will have 20 minutes to talk and answer questions. There will be a mid-symposium break. The schedule will follow the format below.
Our first 50 registrants will be entered in a drawing to win an AACT swag bag!
- 12:00 pm ET – Opening remarks and instructions
- 12:05 pm ET – Kristen Drury, Structuring The School Year
- 12:25 pm ET – Ashley Green, Micro to Macro Chemistry
- 12:45 pm ET - Tamar Norquist, Teaching for Self-Reliance in Chemistry
- 1:05 pm ET – Cindy Welch, Structural Chemistry
- 1:25 pm ET – BREAK
- 1:35 pm ET – Jane Smith, Stepping Up to Stoichiometry
- 1:55 pm ET – Krystal Moos, Designing Units for Target Labs
- 2:15 pm ET – Michael Morgan, Station Labs
- 2:35 pm ET – Paul Price, Scaling Assessments
- 2:55 pm ET – Brief closing remarks and links
Organizer: Amiee Modic, Chemistry Teacher, Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart, Houston, TX
Date: Wednesday, July 19th, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET