« Return to AACT homepage

AACT Member-Only Content

You have to be an AACT member to access this content, but good news: anyone can join!

Need Help?

Does your school offer Honors and regular chemistry?

Started over 5 years ago by Anita Giardina.

My district is currently trying to encourage us to teach a hybrid online chemistry class that will replace our CCP Introduction to Chemistry course, that is a college chemistry course for non-science majors. The CCP course replaced Honors chemistry and my district is reluctant to bring back that title and course. We currently offer regular chemistry, CCP chemistry, AP chemistry and Honors Organic Chemistry. Please share your thoughts and current chemistry offerings at your school.

2 Comments

• Tammy Elliott

Posted over 5 years ago

We offer General Chemistry or Honors Chemistry as a first year class. Students from either class can go into Honors Advanced and then AP. I am currently working on a dual enrollment organic course for next year.
  • Matt Perekupka

Posted over 5 years ago

We offer Modified Academic Chemistry (Low level), Accelerated Chemistry (On-level), Honors Chemistry, and AP Chemistry. Student must complete Accelerated chemistry or honors chemistry before taking AP Chemistry. I always feel more tracks in education is an advantage. It allows teachers and students to have more freedom over pace and environment.