Apply for the AACT Teacher of the Year Award!
By AACT on February 6, 2023
Apply today for the AACT Teacher of the Year Award!
This year, there are two AACT Teacher of the Year Awards:
- The AACT K–8 Science Teacher of the Year
- The AACT High School Chemistry Teacher of the Year
Each winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize and a complimentary AACT membership renewal.
AACT needs your help in identifying teacher-member candidates. Teachers can fill out the application—or if you know of a teacher you would recommend, please send the form to them!
The application for the AACT Teacher of the Year consists of three parts:
- A completed application questionnaire
- A letter of support written by a non-family member which should provide evidence of effective teaching and learning, impact on colleagues and nominee’s active involvement in the teaching profession
- A brief resume or curriculum vitae which is not more than two pages long and highlights the last five (5) years of your teaching career
Outstanding AACT Teachers of the Year will be chosen primarily based on two criteria of equal value:
|Excellence in chemistry teaching and innovation||Outstanding contributions to chemistry teaching through AACT|
|Defining attributes include:
||Defining attributes include:
Selection Process and Timeline
All nominees must be AACT members to be considered for the award. Individuals currently serving in elected or appointed positions (AACT Governing Board, AACT Committees, etc.) are ineligible to apply. Winners will be selected by the AACT Nominating & Awards Committee.
Applications close May 13, 2023.