AACT Member-Only Content
You have to be an AACT member to access this content, but good news: anyone can join!
Virtual Summer Symposium: Chemical Literacy Through Differentiation Mark as Favorite (0 Favorites)
WEBINAR (1 hour 28 minutes) recorded July 20, 2020
Join us to discuss ways to differentiate instruction to increase literacy. Major topics will conclude finding and evaluating information scores, using and creating science comic books, teaching diverse learners, and implementing the chemistry triad. All presentations taking different approaches to deliver differentiation that you can use in your classroom to increase chemical literacy.
This Virtual Summer symposium will have several speakers who will each present a talk on the topic of simulations to enhance chemical instruction. Each speaker will have 20 minutes to talk and answer questions.
The schedule and presenters follow:
- 12:00 - Opening Remarks and Instructions
- 12:05 – Judith Currano, University of Pennsylvania, PA, “Establishing Common Ground With Information Evaluation and Retrieval Exercises”
- 12:25 – Brittany Voll, Kentucky School for the Deaf, KY, “Teaching Diverse Learners in the Science Classroom”
- 12:45 – Matt Brady, Atkins High School, NC, “Chemistry Literacy via Comic Book Delivery”
- 1:05 – Christopher A. Preece, University of Kentucky, KY, “Assessing Literacy Through the Chemistry Triad”
- 1:25 – Closing Remarks and Links
Organizer: Christopher Preece, University of Kentucky
Date: Monday, July 20, 2020, 12:00 pm ET