AACT Member-Only Content
You have to be an AACT member to access this content, but good news: anyone can join!
Virtual Summer Symposium: Supporting All Students in the Teaching and Learning of Chemistry Mark as Favorite (0 Favorites)
WEBINAR (1 hour 28 minutes) recorded July 22, 2020
This session will focus on classroom-tested strategies to engage all of your students in effective chemistry learning at the middle and high school levels. We'll cover strategies for English learners and special education students, share ways to improve student understanding via digital learning, and more. Participants will walk away with strategies and resources to help all of our students learn chemistry.
This Virtual Summer symposium will have several speakers who will each present a talk on the topic of simulations to enhance chemical instruction. Each speaker will have 20 minutes to talk and answer questions. The schedule and presenters follow:
- 12:00 – Opening Remarks and Instructions
- 12:05 - Kathryn R. Mullen, EDS, Trickum Middle School, GA, “Glowing Pickles, Electron Movement and Literacy”
- 12:25 - Daron Martin, CDAT-STEM Academy at Lanier High School, GA, “I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream!...For Streamlined Digital Learning”
- 12:45 - Kynisha Okonkwo and Pamela Sosna, Creekland Middle School, GA, “Effective Strategies and Lesson Essentials in the Co-Taught Physical Science Classroom”
- 1:05 - Nata Wayne, Mountain View High School, GA, “Don’t Be Direct, Use Phenomena Instead”
- 1:25 - Brief Closing Marks and Links
Organizer: Tyler Kinner, Tyler Kinner, Instructional Coach, Gwinnett (GA) County Public Schools
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 12:00 pm ET