AACT Member-Only Content
You have to be an AACT member to access this content, but good news: anyone can join!
Virtual Summer Symposium: Teaching AP Chemistry Virtually Mark as Favorite (0 Favorites)
WEBINAR (3 hours 43 minutes) recorded July 14, 2020
This session will focus on teaching AP chemistry online. AP teachers will share instructional tools, online activities, and laboratory options for teaching AP chemistry virtually this fall.
This Virtual Summer symposium will have several speakers who will each present a talk on the topic of simulations to enhance chemical instruction. Each speaker will have 20 minutes to talk and answer questions. There is a short break from 1:40 - 2:00 in the video.
The schedule of speakers follows:
- 12:00 – Welcome Remarks – Alice Putti and Kim Duncan
- 12:05 - Amy Snyder, Coppell High School, TX “Using FlipGrid to Facilitate AP Chemistry”
- 12:25 - Alice Putti, Jenison High School, MI, “Using Classkick to Teach AP Chemistry”
- 12:45 - Jeanette Stewart, Marist School, GA “Using ChemCollective to Mimic Laboratory Lessons During Distance Learning”
- 1:05 - Laura Trout, Lancaster Country Day School, PA “Using POGIL Activities in a Synchronous Virtual Setting”
- 1:25 - Amanda Horan, Bishop Chatard High School, IN, “Using Pivot Interactives for Virtual Chemistry Labs”
- 1:45 - Break
- 2:00 - Amy Roediger, Mentor Public Schools, OH, “Using Formative to Create Online Lab Experiences”
- 2:20 - Anne Schmidt, Bay Port High School, WI, “Creating Online Labs and Activities with YouTube incorporating Edpuzzle”
- 2:40 - Brenda Brockland, Prairie Ridge High School, IL, “Particle Motion – WeMove in WeVideo”
- 3:00 - Lew Acampora, Advance Kentucky, KY, “Kinetics Without Calculus”
- 3:20 - Kristen Drury, William Floyd High School, NY, “AP FRQ Review Project”
- 3:40 – Brief Closing Remarks and Links
Organizer: Alice Putti, Chemistry Teacher, Jenison High School, Jenison, MI
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12:00 pm ET