Your AACT membership includes a one-year, individual subscription to ChemMatters, the award-winning magazine that helps students make connections between chemistry and the world around them. Each issue includes articles you can integrate into your daily instruction and an accompanying online Teacher’s Guide, which contains follow-up hands-on activities, classroom demonstrations, article background information, and other resources.
Members will receive an issue of the magazine four times during the school year: October, December, February, and April. The magazine is now available in print and digital format. Members can choose to receive the print edition, digital edition, or print + digital edition (at no extra charge).*
Current ChemMatters subscribers joining AACT
Current subscription holders joining AACT may choose to continue a parallel subscription with ChemMatters, cancel their subscription, or apply prepaid subscription funds towards their AACT membership during registration. Please note that AACT does not offer bulk subscriptions.
- To apply prepaid funds during AACT membership registration, you must register via phone by contacting Member Services at (800) 333-9511.
- To cancel your current ChemMatters subscription, please contact Member Services at (800) 333-9511, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Print edition available to Teacher and Affiliate members in US and Canada only.
From DVD to Digital Archive
AACT members now also have full access to the ChemMatters digital archive. Previously, this content was available as a DVD, but we've compiled everything here on the AACT website for your convenience. You can browse all archive issues starting from the first issue in 1983! You can also print out articles as needed and give your students access via our Student Pass feature.
Find supporting materials in the AACT resource library to help you implement ChemMatters in your classroom.
- ARTICLE | ChemMatters: A Wealth of Information for Teachers | Chemistry Solutions, Vol. 1, Issue 1, September 2014
- LESSON PLAN | Lab Safety and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- BLOG POST | Emergency Lesson Plans | ChemMatters Magazine
- MULTIMEDIA | ChemMatters Videos
- WEBINAR | How to create a 5E reading lesson using ChemMatters