Dow & AACT Teacher Summit 2018
Teachers from across eastern Michigan are being selected to participate in a teacher learning summit this summer, August 13 - 16. Attendees will participate in collaborative resource creation, professional development sessions, and relationship building with teachers across grade levels. Teachers walk away with resources in hand, new ideas, and a new network of support.
Participants will be provided with a $1,000 stipend, housing accommodations, and meals.
- Become part of a professional online learning environment.
- Make connections with teachers in your region.
- Work with teachers across grade levels.
- Make connections with Dow STEM Ambassadors.
- Contribute to creating teaching resources for other K–12 teachers of chemistry across the country.
- Participate in valuable on-site professional development.
- Earn a $1,000 stipend.
- Receive a one-year membership to AACT (for nonmembers).
Eligibility & Expectations
- Be a K–12 teacher of chemistry, including:
- K–5 teachers of science;
- 6–8 teachers of physical science;
- 9–12 teachers of chemistry.
- Must teach in one of the outlined geographical areas:
- Bay County, MI
- Genesee County, MI
- Gratiot County, MI
- Isabella County, MI
- Macomb County, MI
- Midland County, MI
- Oakland County, MI
- Saginaw County, MI
- Tuscola County, MI
- Wayne County, MI
- Attend a kick-off webinar in February.
- Create and submit three original classroom resources through a peer-review process before the summit (see sample timeline below).
- Peer-review select resources by providing feedback to other participants (February - June).
- Attend the entire residential summit in August.
(Please note, this is not the official timeline, but participants can expect a similar timeline.)
|February 2018||February 2018||March - April 2018||May - June 2018||August 2018|
|Kickoff Webinar & Introductions||Create Resource #1 &
Provide Peer Feedback
|Create Resource #2 & Provide Peer Feedback||Create Resource #3 & Provide Peer Feedback
||Attend Summit (see sample schedule below)
Sample Summit On-Site Schedule
(Please note, this is not the official schedule, but participants can expect a similar schedule.)