In this study game, students will review topics including the scientific method and states of matter. They will be prompted with questions in a PowerPoint and they will use white boards to communicate their answers.
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to
- Will be prepared to take a test on physical properties.
This lesson supports students’ understanding of
- Physical changes
Teacher Preparation: 10 minutes
Lesson: 40 minutes
- White board
- White board marker
- Eraser or paper towel
- No specific safety precautions need to be observed.
- This PowerPoint presentation can be modified to host a similar review game on a different topic.
- Sample questions:
- Which is a substance? (salt, salt water, oatmeal, a replacement teacher)
- You find the mass of a salad. Did you find an… (extensive or intensive property)
- Which substance has a definite shape and volume? [NaCl (aq), Cl2(g), CCl4 (l), AlCl3 (s)]
- Which of the following will sublime at STP? [SO2 (aq), H2O (l), CO2 (s), Ca (s)]
- A liquid in a container is boiling at a pressure of 790 torr. The normal boiling point of this liquid will occur at what pressure?