Produced for the 2011 International Year of Chemistry, the video series Spellbound, tells the story of scientists whose childhood curiosity about everyday things helped them launch careers in the lab, win Nobel Prizes and make other achievements. Their early childhood experiences may encourage young people into careers in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
This episode features Isiah Warner, Ph.D.:
- Professor of Chemistry, Louisiana State University
- 2003 ACS Award for Encouraging
- Disadvantaged Students into Careers in the Chemical Sciences
- 2006 Southern Chemist Award, ACS Memphis section
- 2008 ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award in Spectrochemical Analysis