Earth Day Resources from AACT
By AACTconnect on April 8, 2019
Explore Earth Day related resources from the AACT classroom resource library. You can find more resources, events, and information about Chemists Celebrate Earth Week (CCEW) on the ACS website.
- Cleaning-up the Plastic Island
- Calculating Your Carbon Footprint*
- Color Solar Power
- The Case of the Contaminated Well
- Transition Metals Color the World
- Nuclear Waste Challenge
- Rustbusters! An Activity on Corrosion
- What Makes Water So Special?
- Biofuels of the Future
- Redesigning a Car for the Environment
- Mineral Investigation
- Fractional Distillation of Crude Oil
- Investigating Acid Rain
- Seeing the Effects of Acid Rain*
- Test Tube Geology
- How Do We Clean Up An Oil Spill
- Distillation in Survival Mode
- How Do Sinkholes Form?
- Achieving a Photosynthetic Balance*
- The Chemical Process of Photosynthesis
- Effect of Salt Concentration on Plants
- Break It Down!
- Clean it Up!
- Greenhouse Gas Simulation*
- Chemical Weathering in Geology
- Carbon, Carbon Everywhere
- The Building Blocks of Photosynthesis*
Videos (all grades)