PPG Chemistry of Color Resource Collection
The "Chemistry of Color" resource collection is a set of 18 classroom resources and 4 videos, the first half of which are available below. The second half of the collection will be published in October 2017 and are marked with an asterisk below. You can read more about how this resource collection was created in the September 2017 issue of Chemistry Solutions.
Middle School Science
- Understanding Light & Color
- Exploring the Chemistry of Oil and Acrylic Paints
- How Fast Does It Flow?
High School Chemistry
- What is Paint? A Paint Investigation
- What Type of Mixture is Paint?
- What’s in a Name? What’s in a Glaze?
- Let It Glow!
- Single Displacement Reactions with Test Tube Diagrams
- Do-It-Yourself Color!
- Transition Metals Color the World
- Fading Away
- The Great Race: A Study of van der Waals Forces
- Nanotechnology: It’s a Really Small World
- Introduction to Color: Using Color to Identify an Unknown
- Removing Copper Stains from Masonry
- Rustbusters! A Lab Activity on Corrosion
- Color Solar Power!
- Using Color to Identify an Unknown